To reach the HelpLine please call 713-970-7000 or 1-866-970-4770.
Help is Available 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week.
The MHMRA HelpLIne is the first point of contact and representation of MHMRA by phone to the public, consumer and provider. We answer all calls coming in to MHMRA of Harris Countyís main phone numbers as well as 7 other LMHAs and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24 hours a day/365 days a year. This is a single hotline where callers can obtain information about mental health services, substance abuse services, or both.
The MHMRA HelpLine:
- Conducts crisis intervention, suicide assessments and intervention
- Provides information about our services
- Provides information about community resources including substance abuse
- Helps direct calls relating to the administration of our services
- Gives telephonic support to callers
You can also reach us via chat some evenings. If there is a Chat Specialist on duty the icon below will read Online.
Currently chat is unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.
What we do on HelpLine Chat:
What we do not do on HelpLine Chat:
- Listen to what is going on with you today.
- Support you in a non-judgmental and compassionate way.
- Help you explore your feelings, thoughts, and options.
- Ask you questions about suicide and let you know that itís ok to talk about suicide on chat.
- Explore positive next steps and options.
HelpLine Chat Etiquette:
- Give advice.
- Solve your problems.
- Tell you what to do.
- Judge or criticize.
- Use respectful language.
- Stay focused on the chat and respond promptly.
- Limit multi-tasking (like chatting with friends, going on facebook, playing video games, etc.) while chatting.
- If you need to step away from the chat for a moment, let us know or end the chat and then come back when you have time.