Help is Available 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week.
The MHMRA HelpLine is the first contact and representation of MHMRA by phone to the public, consumers and providers. We answer all calls coming into MHMRA of Harris County's main phone numbers as well as 7 other MHMR centers and the National Suicide Prevention LifeLine 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
The MHMRA HelpLine:
- helps direct calls relating to the administration of our services;
- provides information about our services;
- conducts crisis intervention, suicide assessments and intervention;
- provides community referrals when appropriate; and
- gives telephone support to callers.
To reach the HelpLine please call 713-970-7000 or 1-866-970-4770.
You can also reach us via chat some evenings. If there is a Chat Specialist on duty the icon below will read Online.
What we do on HelpLine Chat:
What we do not do on HelpLine Chat:
- Listen to what is going on with you today.
- Support you in a non-judgmental and compassionate way.
- Help you explore your feelings, thoughts, and options.
- Ask you questions about suicide and let you know that itís ok to talk about suicide on chat.
- Explore positive next steps and options.
HelpLine Chat Etiquette:
- Give advice.
- Solve your problems.
- Tell you what to do.
- Judge or criticize.
- Use respectful language.
- Stay focused on the chat and respond promptly.
- Limit multi-tasking (like chatting with friends, going on facebook, playing video games, etc.) while chatting.
- If you need to step away from the chat for a moment, let us know or end the chat and then come back when you have time.