Who is eligible for services?
An individual must be:
- a county resident, at least 17 years old and diagnosed with schizophrenia, severe major depression, bipolar or schizoaffective disorders
- in compliance with MHMRA financial criteria
How Do I Get Help?
Persons seeking psychiatric treatment at MHMRA may call or go to the Eligibility Center (EC). To be seen, you need proof of:
- insurance coverage
- record of any unusual expenses
- number of people in the household
- mail or bill showing that you live in Harris County
- driver's license and social security card
What Determines Which Services are Provided?
Services provided and how often they will be provided, will be decided by information such as the:
- patient's diagnosis
- symptoms, and functioning in school, home, and how they relate to others in their environment
- what services are available
What Services are Available?
- Medication Related Services
- Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Medication Training and Support
- Employment Related Skills Services
- Housing Related Skills Services
- Coordination of Services
- Other Independent Living Skills Services
- Forensic (Jail Services)
- The Newstart Program
Where are Services Provided?
Pyramid House | Bayshore Outreach | Southeast Clinic | Northwest Clinic | Southwest Clinic | Ripley Clinic
Branard Street (dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance abuse) | Safe Haven